Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Photoshop, GIMP, or openCanvas?

Lately, I have been really interested in digital drawing/painting. I currently use Photoshop Elements 3 (which doesn't really do much). I want to expand my options and move on to a better program.



The other day, I downloaded GIMP for Mac, but the program responds very slowly to my tablet's strokes (5 second delay at the least). Is this a common problem, or is something wrong with it?



I'm really interested in Photoshop, but it is way out of my price range. I'm looking for a program under $100. openCanvas seems to be rather reasonable, but is it worth it?



I guess that what I'm really looking for is a good program for coloring (drawing would be nice as well, but it's not as important). I want airbrush capability and smooth coloring (no 5 second delays!).



I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!



Photoshop, GIMP, or openCanvas?free antivirus download



Personally, I think Photoshop is the only way to go. Although its pricetag is pretty hefty, its tools are extremely powerful. However, I enjoy using OpenCanvas as well. It has similar tools as photoshop, but is more aimed towards tablet-users, it seems.



I've also heard of Rendera (free):



http://www.rendera.net/



and SAI easy paint tool (costs about 50 USD and you can get the 30 day trial free):



http://sai.detstwo.com/sai/

No comments:

Post a Comment