Friday, August 20, 2010

I need Photoshop Elements 3.0 for a college course. I have Elements 6.0... can I use that instead or

I'm running vista and can't use 3.0 but my syllubus says that's what I need. Are their major differences between Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and 6.0?



I need Photoshop Elements 3.0 for a college course. I have Elements 6.0... can I use that instead or not?viruses



You have asked this question twice so I will give you my answer twice. :o)



You are correct. There have been mention that PSE3 and Vista do not get along together and that Adobe does not intend to provide a patch to make it work. PSE5, if you can find a legal source, has a patch for Vista that can be downloaded from Adobe.



But to answer your question. I have version 2 thru 6. Six presents an entirely different look as the background surrounding your images is a dark gray. After a bit of getting used to it, it makes easier color editing. There are some things that I think are good improvements over PSE3. The Quick Fix works really well. As with PSE5 the Sharpening tools have been moved to the Enhance menu which makes it handier. The Organizer does not try to take over your Photoshopping. The Effects have been rearranged in a logical manner. You should be able to figure out how to apply instructions for PSE3 with PSE6. The Styles and Effects is where the major rearrangement has taken place but all is findable. All the styles and effects are the same plus there is more.



Download a free 30-day trial to see if you like it. If you buy, you will be able to get a $20 rebate if you have the PSE3 disk. There are some sales now that will result in a price around $50 after rebate.



I need Photoshop Elements 3.0 for a college course. I have Elements 6.0... can I use that instead or not?antispam



They're still using 3.0? That's a bit behind the times. Yes, there are major differences between the two versions. Anyway, I would say you need to check with your instructor. I'm sure you're not going to be the only one in class running Vista and so unable to use 3.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment