Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lack of personalization info on Photoshop 7?

I have a computer that had Photoshop 7, ImageReady, and Pagemaker already installed on it. At the time I never used it and it was taking up valuable space, so I decided to delete it. In case I wanted the programs later, I moved the program to a CD-R, deleted the programs from my computer, put the CD in a drawer, and forgot about it.



I have since sold the computer and become interested in making things with Photoshop, so I was excited to rediscover the CD I had put the programs on. I put the CD into my new computer and examined the files in it. Whenever I click on any of the programs to open them, it opens, but a window pops up that says ''Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information.'' So, what is personalization information and how do I find it or make it valid? Please somebody help me.



Lack of personalization info on Photoshop 7?norton internet security



The problem is you cannot make a backup of a program, only of data. You must install a program, so you need the original disk (or you must download), which has the install software on it. Data can be restored, programs cannot. Keep this in mind when you do backups.



BTW. Photoshop Elements will surely do all you want, and you don't need the latest. EBay has version 2.0 for $18 and 4.0 for $25



Lack of personalization info on Photoshop 7?spyware remove



If you just moved the program files onto the CD, you're likely missing some required plug-in and preferences files that the installer puts in system folders. To install a program, you generally need to run an installer rather than just drag and drop, and during the installation you will input your serial # to unlock the software. I'm sure that's not the answer you're looking for, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment