Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hand drawn image conversions with photoshop!?

I want to screen print tshirts with my own hand drawn images but I'm not sure how. I have researched the subject and it seems to me that I need to:



1. Make the drawings with clear black lines



2. High-res scan into photoshop



3. Autotrace the image into a digital format.



4. manipulate,correct and add colors as necessary



5. send to printer



6. create silk screen blank



7. silkscreen image to tshirt.



Is this right? I have never even seen a high def scanner, photoshop or a sreen printing machine but I am trying to wrap my head around the process...and then go learn about the portions I need.



While we're at it: If that is a fairly correct order of events, can anyone tell me where to go learn the necessary skills and make recommendations as to the hardware specifics of each element or step described above!?



Hand drawn image conversions with photoshop!?nortan



Most people will not have access to ALL of the equipment to do the entire process. Silk screen process is bulky and quite messy, and best left to specialty screen printing shops.



To help you understand the steps to the process you describe:



There is more than one way to get your drawings ready for printing. You can scan your originals into your computer. For eventual screening onto fabric, the scan does not have to be particularly high, since the fabric will not lend itself to much detail. Most of the low end scanners available for desktop use will scan with enough resolution. 300 PPI is more than enough. You can find a scanner that can do this for under $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment