Monday, August 16, 2010

Creating cells for comics in photoshop?

Does anyone have a tutorial that teaches me how to create and layout comic panels in photoshop? I find myself having to draw everything out on paper. Is there a way I can do this quick and easy in photoshop? Or is it just not advisable?



Creating cells for comics in photoshop?photoshop



It's always good to work out the dimensions of any layout, on paper, before doing any final drawings. I make dozens of ''thumbnail'' sketches to compare and adjust ideas.



Regarding the layout of the entire page, I don't recommend you do this in Photoshop. To make high quality images, the file size would have to be tremendous, because even the white space in between frames, and the border are made up of white pixels that all contribute to file size. Best bet is to carefully measure each frame's dimensions, and create a separate file for each. If you have characters, or ''action'' occuring across the borders, between frames, then, the combined frames should be created as one. Photoshop can be a great asset to creating good quality graphics in each frame.



Then, the frames can be assembled in a dedicated page layout application, such as InDesign, or other. In such an application, you can automate things like borders, gutters, headers, footers, page numbers, etc. The file sizes can be MUCH smaller for an entire page than they would be if you did all this in Photoshop.



The production process can be very smooth and quick.



Creating cells for comics in photoshop?symatec



Sorry. I don't know of any tutorials. What I DO know about is the process of getting a project through, from concept to print production. I, too, used to do work in traditional media, meaning pen and ink on paper. I HAD to learn digital tools to save money on expenses that cut in to my profits. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment